Eindhoven | Fulltime | MSc or PhD
Do you want to develop models for the HUME using the state-of-the-art techniques? Then please apply at Mentech for the position Data Scientist.
People with a mental disability or dementia are often insufficiently able to express their emotions, pain or discomfort and experience unnecessary stress. As a result, their behaviour is not always understood and care professionals cannot always provide the necessary attention and meaningful care.
The solution we are developing is HUME, an emotion recognition platform based on sensors, behavioral models and machine learning. The sensors record physiological characteristics such as heart rate, skin conductance and activity. This information is converted into meaningful information in the HUME database through behavioral models. In this way, we are able to help caregivers better understand clients and thus increase the quality of life for clients.
As a data scientist in our team, you will contribute, with passion for the target group, to the happiness and quality of life of these vulnerable people by giving them a voice again through the HUME. Based on a number of indicative physiological body parameters, such as heart rate and skin conductivity, we develop self-learning models through pattern recognition. The behavioral models are an essential part of the HUME because they reveal whether stress is present in a client. This information allows us to alert the caregiver when stress is accumulating.
What will your tasks be?
- Developing cutting-edge models for stress and emotion recognition based on physiological signals.
- Developing and validating deep-learning and pattern recognition models to advance the HUME;
- Support behavioral experts and healthcare technologists with tools that help visualize data for diagnostics;
- Making data issues understandable;
- Making behavioral models feasible within the limitations of a real-time system;
- Benchmarking and documentation of results;
What do we expect from you?
- Background (MSc or PhD) in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or Mathematics;
- Programming experience with Python (Keras en Tensorflow) and/or R.
- Knowledge of Java, C, C++, MATLAB, SPSS and/or MySQL are a pre;
- Preferably at least 2 years of work experience;
- Interested in psychology and physiology;
- A real team player with excellent communication skills;
- The ambition to work in a multidisciplinary team of engineers and psychologists.
Who are we?
Mentech is a high-tech and innovative company located in Plan-B, the space for creative entrepreneurs in Eindhoven. Every day we work with more than 25 young and driven data scientists, software developers, behavioral experts and healthcare technologists on our mission to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities. Our company operates with an hands-on mentality, we switch quickly and work on what has the highest priority at that moment.
What do we have to offer you?
- An attractive salary and excellent secondary employment conditions;
- A lot of responsibility as a young professional;
- Growth opportunities within the company;
- Freedom to suggest your own ideas and invest in personal development;
- Young and motivated colleagues with a diversity of backgrounds and nationalities;
- A meaningful contribution to improve the quality of life for people with a disability.
- A job within a high-tech start-up that is currently transitioning from a research to a commercial organization.
Do you want to join our team?
Do you like working within a startup that is expanding very fast? And do you want to contribute to our mission to increase the happiness and quality of life of vulnerable people? Then please apply now for the position of Data Scientist!