Eindhoven | Fulltime | BSc
Do you want to develop models for the HUME using the state-of-the-art techniques? Then please apply at Mentech for the position Data Scientist.
People with a mental disability or dementia are often insufficiently able to express their emotions, pain or discomfort and experience unnecessary stress. As a result, their behaviour is not always understood and care professionals cannot always provide the necessary attention and meaningful care.
The solution we are developing is HUME, an emotion recognition platform based on sensors, behavioral models and machine learning. The sensors record physiological characteristics such as heart rate, skin conductance and activity. This information is converted into meaningful information in the HUME database through behavioral models. In this way, we are able to help caregivers better understand clients and thus increase the quality of life for clients.
As a Full Stack Developer in our team, you will contribute, with passion for the target group, to the happiness and quality of life of these vulnerable people by giving them a voice again through the HUME. Your main task is to develop an analytics dashboard for caregivers and behavioral scientists. With the HUME, the behavior of clients can be better understood and, if necessary, the support can be adjusted. In this dashboard you will visualize time series of sensor data and behavior in an understandable manner. You will also work on the general software of the HUME to implement new features and solve problems.
What will your tasks be?
- Building a web application and API for an advanced analytics dashboard and a variety of other projects;
- Contribute to the update and improvement of the existing HUME software platform;
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary software team with development, design and customer teams;
- Measuring and validating the app’s user experience in close consultation with customers;
- Writing end-to-end tests for the apps and master CI/CD;
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor in software engineering;
- Programming experience with Java and Typescript;
- Strong working knowledge of Git;
- Experience with Vue.js, Java EE (Quarkus), SQL, Docker and AWS are welcome;
- Experience with agile working in cross-disciplinary projects;
- You are a customer focused problem solver;
- You are a real teamplayer with good communication skills;
- You have the ambition to work in a multidisciplinary team of engineers and psychologists.
Who are we?
Mentech is a high-tech and innovative company located in Plan-B, the space for creative entrepreneurs in Eindhoven. Every day we work with more than 25 young and driven data scientists, software developers, behavioral experts and healthcare technologists on our mission to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities. Our company operates with an hands-on mentality, we switch quickly and work on what has the highest priority at that moment.
What do we have to offer you?
- An attractive salary and excellent secondary employment conditions;
- A lot of responsibility as a young professional;
- Growth opportunities within the company;
- Freedom to suggest your own ideas and invest in personal development;
- Young and motivated colleagues with a diversity of backgrounds and nationalities;
- A meaningful contribution to improve the quality of life for people with a disability.
- A job within a high-tech start-up that is currently transitioning from a research to a commercial organization.
Do you want to join our team?
Do you like working within a startup that is expanding very fast? And do you want to contribute to our mission to increase the happiness and quality of life of vulnerable people? Then please apply now for the position of Full Stack Developer!