Are you the king of embedded Sofware? Do you like working with wireless technologies? Are you a person who never has problems with their wireless mice or headphones? Then join our team and help vulnerable people have a better quality of life!
People with an intellectual disability or dementia are often insufficiently able to express their emotions, pain or discomfort and experience unnecessary stress. As a result, their behaviour is not always understood, and care professionals cannot always provide the necessary attention and meaningful care.
The solution we are developing is the HUME, an emotion recognition platform based on sensors, behavioural models, and machine learning. These in-house developed sensors record physiological characteristics such as heart rate, skin conductance and activity. This information is converted into meaningful information in the HUME database through behavioural models. In this way, we can help caregivers better understand clients and thus increase the quality of life for clients.
As an embedded software engineer, you will join a close-knit motivated team that works on improving our HUME system on a daily basis. Your focus will be on the embedded software for the in-house developed wearable sensors. You will cooperate with the hardware engineers and give them feedback from the perspective of embedded software. You will work with the existing Zephyr RTOS code base, but you will have input in technology choices for future products.
What will your tasks be?
- Develop firmware for future wearable sensor devices;
- Integrate sensor ICs through different communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART);
- Work collaboratively with hardware and software developers;
- Ensure the reliability of the sensors;
- Logging and monitoring devices’ performance at clients;
- Optimization for low power consumption.
What do we expect from you?
- BSc or MSc degree in software/electrical engineering or related field;
- At least two years of experience in embedded software for connected devices;
- Understanding of all embedded software layers;
- Working knowledge of Git;
- Experience with Agile working;
- Experience with Zephyr RTOS, AWS and Nordic Semiconductor chips is a big advantage;
- You are a real team player with good communication skills;
- You have the ambition to work in a multidisciplinary team of engineers and psychologists;
- Willingness to contribute to the quality of life of vulnerable people through your embedded software development.
Who are we?
Mentech is a high-tech and innovative company located in Eindhoven, Boschdijk 766. Every day we work with more than 25 young and driven data scientists, software developers, behavioural experts and healthcare technologists on our mission to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities. We have a hands-on mentality and we switch quickly and work on what has the highest priority at that moment.
What do we offer?
- An attractive salary and good fringe benefits;
- A lot of responsibility as a professional;
- Growth opportunities within the company;
- Freedom to suggest your own ideas and invest in personal development;
- Motivated colleagues with a diversity of backgrounds and nationalities;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Weekly team building activities.
Want to join our team?
Would you like to work within a start-up that is steadily growing at a fast pace? And do you want to contribute to our mission to increase the happiness and quality of life of vulnerable people? Then please apply now for the position of Embedded Software Developer!