Intern Hardware Engineer
Are you a student studying for a bachelor or master’s in mechanical engineering or industrial product design, and do you want to develop hardware for our stress recognition platform HUME using state-of-the-art techniques? Then please apply at Mentech for the position of intern hardware engineer.
People with an intellectual disability or dementia are often insufficiently able to express their emotions, pain or discomfort and experience unnecessary stress. As a result, their behavior is not always understood, and care professionals cannot always provide the necessary attention and meaningful care.
The solution we are developing is the HUME, an emotion recognition platform based on sensors, behavioral models, and machine learning. The sensors record physiological characteristics such as heart rate, skin conductance and activity. This information is converted into meaningful information in the HUME database through behavioral models. In this way, we can help caregivers better understand clients and thus increase the quality of life for clients.
Are you a mechanical engineer at heart? Do you like to contribute to products that improve the quality of life of other people? Are you a king in computer-aided design and would you like to learn more about the world of wearable devices and printed electronics? Then join our team and help vulnerable people with technology! We have multiple internship assignments available. We believe in tailored assignments, fitting to your personal interest within the field of mechanical engineering or product design.
Your main activities include
- Research on medical grade materials for wearables;
- Research on garment-integrated printed electronics;
- Design prototypes based on research outcomes;
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team;
- Measure and validate the systems user experience in close consultation with customers;
- Write and conduct tests to validate the performance of the device.
You preferably have the following profile
- You are currently studying for a bachelor or master’s in mechanical engineering or product design;
- You have some experience with CAD tools like SolidWorks and Adobe Illustrator;
- You are a customer focused problem solver;
- You are a real team player with good communication skills;
- You like to work in a multidisciplinary team with different backgrounds and nationalities.
Who are we?
Mentech is a high-tech and innovative company based in Eindhoven. Every day we work with more than 25 driven hardware designers, data scientists, software developers, behavioral experts, and implementation consultants on our mission to improve the quality of life of vulnerable people. Our company has a hands-on mentality, we switch quickly and work on what has the highest priority at that moment.
What do we offer?
- An attractive internship assignment which is also important for the company;
- Room for your own ideas and personal development;
- Motivated colleagues with a diversity of backgrounds and nationalities;
- Future growth opportunities within the company.
Want to join our team?
Would you like to work within a startup that is steadily growing at a fast pace? And do you want to contribute to our mission to increase the happiness and quality of life of vulnerable people? Then please apply now for the position of Intern Hardware Engineer!